My interest in the structure and function of the human body started when I was at school and led me to study Biology at university and later qualify as a State Registered Clinical Scientist. I have worked for over 20 years in various clinical settings, it was during this time that I had my son. My experiences of being a new mum finally led to a change of career.
I have been passionate about health and fitness for many years. Whilst pregnant and after my son was born I tried to find consistent, reliable information on how I should be exercising safely and effectively so as to recover my fitness and stamina. The advice I was given was vague, contradictory and often plain wrong. Finding someone who knew how to support a pregnant and new mum’s body as it adapts to and recovers from the rigors of pregnancy and birth whilst rising to the demands of motherhood would be a start, but I wanted not just generic advice but tailored to my specific needs. Supplying this service has become my new career.
I qualified as a personal trainer and then took a course allowing me to train pre and postnatal women. This gave me a good grounding but I wanted to be able to serve my clients at a deeper level. I became a student of an advanced education system targeted at understanding and meeting the needs of pregnant and postnatal women, centred on physical assessment, functional exercise program design and optimum nutrition. This knowledge, combined with my own experiences allows me to guide and support every client, helping her to achieve whatever her goals may be, allowing her to enjoy this very special but demanding phase of her life.
- Advanced CPD Certification in Modern Postnatal Assessment, Core Restore and Functional Exercise Programming – Burrell Education
- Advanced CPD Certification in Modern Pregnancy Functional Exercise Programming and Birth Preparation – Burrell Education
- Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes
- Corrective Exercise Specialist – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Women’s Fitness Specialist – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Functional Applications in Pelvic Rehabilitation Certificate
- Certified 3rd Age Woman Instructor – Burrell Education
- Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise For Older Adults
- BSc(hons.) Applied Biological Sciences
- Continuing Professional Development Awards in;
- Optimal Nutrition and Lifestyle For Postnatal Healing and Recovery
- Adapting Exercise For Ante and Post Natal Participants
- Advanced Fitness Testing
- Group Training – Circuits and Bootcamp
- Group Studio Cycling
- Certified Power Plate Trainer
- Certified TRX Suspension Training Instructor
- PTA Global Exercise and Stress Management Credential
- PTA Global Behaviour Change in Exercise Credential
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work